Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Vanishing Trash Can

This happened a while ago, back in October, but it still gets me.  It's become a bit of an ongoing joke in the classroom now.

Cecilia isn't allowed to take out my trash anymore.

"Where's your garbage Ms. G.?" asked Wascar while taking out the trash at the end of the day.
"I don't know, ask Cecilia.  She took my trash out the other day and lost the whole garbage can."
Cecilia's ears perk up at her name, "Ask me what?"
"What happened to Ms. G.'s trash can?"
Cecilia shrugs, "I dunno."
"What do you mean?" asks Wascar as he probes further.  "How do you lose a trash can?!"
"I don't know Wascar!"
"How do you lose an ENTIRE garbage can?" Wascar repeats to himself as he shakes his head.
Cecilia lifts up her arms and gives an exaggerated shrug.

"Exactly Wascar," I say.  "Exactly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment