William was living in New York City and I in Chicago when we met online. He was set to move here mid-November. The distance made it difficult, of course, but in a way I had never experienced before. I missed him, truly I did.
Here was a man I'd never met before, and I... I ached for him. This was an actual, physical pain, the likes of which I hadn't experienced before. He felt the same. His descriptions did it far better justice than mine. I must admit that I now fear he was only noticing his lung pain. But I think distinguishing between the two would have been easy since the one is purely emotional.
It's worse now, this longing. The anguish over William's loss hits me sometimes with no warning, washes over me like a wave, and I melt into tears. ...I miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment