Monday, February 2, 2015

Life Change

My principal said that if I went to William's funeral she would use that as grounds for my dismissal.  I didn't know what to say.  I was sad, mad, stressed, overwhelmed with so many feelings my mouth didn't want to cooperate.  Afraid of saying something regrettable, I held my tongue and simply shrugged.  When words came I asked who I could file a complaint with, "You can submit a complaint to the president of our school, she's my boss."

My first thought, "That's it, I'm done."  I need a new job that will make me happier right now.  I need to focus on happiness at the moment.  I am going to go back to being a nanny.

Then today, I called a woman named Elenore who apparently works for a nanny agency.  I thought it was a family that had placed the ad.  No, instead it was fast-talking Elenore.  With the couple words I could get in edge-wise I told her my story, why I want to leave my job and why being a nanny is the better fit for me, for now at least.  She seemed to think that I needed some time off before committing to a new position, "Sounds like you need a break, somewhere warm.  Like you should go to Miami for a few weeks or something."
"Uhm, yeah, that'd be nice, but I can't afford something like that. I..."
"Travel around Europe for a little while."
"... Again, my finances are such, that I can't..."
"I don't want to line-up anything for you yet if you're going to take some time off."
"...Elenore, I can't afford that!"

She agreed to stay on the lookout for potential nanny jobs that would suit me, but she wanted to wait.  At least that's something... I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment